Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kanyoetry, Part 2

Here’s a new batch of known poetry I did with Kanye West’s insane ramblings as source material.  This first one is from this interview in the Fader (I highly recommend reading it if you have the time, it’s an endless stream of crazy Yeezy word gold):

“You Only Got One Life and Shit"

I go to Starbucks everyday
listen
look at the CD rack, and I’m
like,
I’m not here.

I could easily give up and be
like,
Well, I’m black and I’m a rapper
or I could be
like,
Man, what could I do to get here?

You only got one life and shit.

Who’s to say what you can and can’t do?
“Love Lockdown” is just a great
accomplishment in the idea of,
like,
Thom Yorke in the strip club.


This one is from this interview:

"Gay People"

In the past two, three years all the
gay people
I've encountered have been, like,
really
really
extremely dope.

Y'know, I haven't, like, gone to a
gay bar, 
nor do I ever plan to.

But where I would talk to a
gay person
the conversation would be mostly around, like,
art or design
it'd be really dope.

From a design standpoint, kids'll say,
'Dude, those pants are gay.'
But if it's, like,
good
good
good
fashion-level, design-level stuff,
where it's on a higher level than the
average commercial design stuff,
it's, like,
gay people
that do that. I think that should be said
as a compliment. Like,

'Dude, that's so good it's almost . . . gay.’

And here is a haiku from an interview (also highly readable) he did to promote his book, in which he claims to hate reading:

Not a Fan of Books”

Not a fan of books
A proud non-reader of books
Childlike purity

1 comment:

  1. haha when I first read that I was like, "What! Lannan thinks I'm gay?!?!" but then I was like "Oh, Kanye, right," so nevermind. Lannan, you are so gay! (did I do that right?)

    ReplyDelete