Saturday, April 2, 2011

SKINS: the gang sticks it to the man!/Alo's parents

So, this last episode was an Alo episode, and it was pretty fun!  Except for that part when he blew the cow up.  And when that guy was mean to Franky.  I guess some of it was kind of sad?  Anyways.  Alo!  Great character.  Farm stuff.  Here's a RECAP.
Alo lives on a farm, and it's his birthday, so his mom gives him a shovel.  What a thoughtful gift!  The gang has planned a party for Alo but he can't go because he needs to help out on the farm.  He rides a tractor around while blasting some dubstep, which makes me think that farming might not be so LAME when you can blast some dubstep while doing it.

Farm stuff.

Alo shirks his farm duties and goes out to PARTY, and then his parents decide to take him out of school and use him a slave labor on the farm because he's like SUCH a disappointment.  They all go to meet with the principal at school, and he's like "yeah, good idea Alo's parents, education is not for everyone."  Alo is kind of sad but then the gang "does a kidnap" on him and they go to a pub.  Fun!  The gang is like "you gotta stick it to the man, Alo!  Burn the farm down!  Show your parents who's boss!" and Alo is like "yeah gang, that's nice and all, but I love my parents!" and they are like "LAME."  Then Alo's parents show up and kidnap him back to the farm because Alo's dog is part bloodhound, and a very good tracker.  

Alo is assigned with a lot of farm chores, but he ends up just doing a lot of wanking and accidentally blowing up the cow.  WHOOPS.  His mom is pissed and so she gets rid of ALL his things, even his part bloodhound dog!  Which is sad, but then again he did just blow up the cow.  They leave Alo on the farm to finish his chores, but he invites the gang over for a massive farm food fight.  It looks fun!  Then Alo hosts a huge "Stick it to the man!" party.  A bunch of people we don't know show up!  One of them is mean to Franky WHICH IS NOT OKAY > :( but others of them are fine.  Mini is working on not being such a bitch.  It doesn't work out 100%, but at least she goofs around with Alo for a bit.  Franky sort of likes Matty?  Then Alo's parents show up and everyone runs off.  Alo's parents are super pissed about everything, then his dad like has a heart attack or something?

Alo tries to run away to Rich's place, but he's busy (having sex with Grace!) so Alo goes back to the farm and tells his mom that he's going to try harder at stuff, and that she should be less mean.  Lessons are learned!  Then he starts FARMING, and is finally able to move that one rock that was stuck.  His dad, who is okay now, is impressed.  Bonding!

THOUGHTS:
  • Alo!  I like Alo a lot.  He's fun.  And he got the first wank scene of the season!  I can't believe we had to wait until the SIXTH episode for that!  There had been SO much sex and drugs but no wank scene?!  Definitely a first.
  • I think it's safe to say that this gang is way better than the last one.  I like pretty much everyone a lot, and even those I don't like (Mini) are intriguing, complex characters! 
  • Grace had some great outfits!
 Grace's shirt!
 Wearing a fucking CAPE and riding gloves!
  • Some good Mattyfaces:
 "I AM SO EXCITED TO KIDNAP YOU, ALO!!!"
 "Kanye's doing WHAT NOW with a pig?!?!"
  • And lastly, GRACE EPISODE NEXT WEEK!!  FUCKING FINALLY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. There was so much unexpected dubstep in this episode. Even the jerking off scene had dubstep. Which was hilarious.

    You know, my coworker reminds me of Alo. Works in the family business, generally messes shit up, loves weed, loves dubstep, and loves to wank.

    So would you consider Alo's family to be pretty messed up or broken? There really seems to be a big focus on family lately. I don't know if that is a common Skins thing but lately a lot of episodes have had a strong feature on most of the cast's family.

    I'm again glad I started this season because you're right about the characters. They're all good! I mean, I still don't like Mini but I love to hate her. Her attempt to be "nice" with franky was great. "Yes, you should have hook up with my ex best friends boyfriend. No I don't have any other motive!"

    Speaking of franky, I'm pretty impressed by her acting so far. Like, all her ordeals in the farm party. And I was surprised by Alo. His monologue to mini was well done I thought. Maybe because it actually made me sad. Guess that's a good sign

    I'm so glad you noticed those Mattyfaces. So good

    I loved this moment. http://tinyurl.com/bestofs0506

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your real life connection to Skins! Sounds like a lovely person, that guy.

    Oh yeah, there's always super dramatic family drama going on. Usually it's a bit more hokey and exaggerated than lately, I suppose. Sometimes it can get very RIDICULOUS or annoying (Freddie's family drama, for example, was all about how his LAME parents were always TELLING HIM WHAT TO DO and MAKING HIM GO TO SCHOOL and NOT LETTING HIM SMOKE WEED IN THE HOUSE. Really intense, complicated stuff, I'm sure).

    The acting HAS been pretty good! Franky is probably the best (she was the star of THE GOLDEN COMPASS after all!) but the girl who plays Mini is also great (so many sad faces!) and everyone else is doing very well! Good job, everyone! Matty is very much a face actor, but that's fine because it amuses me.

    ReplyDelete