Monday, March 28, 2011

SKINS: partying DRUGS DRUGS partying DRUGS yeah!

So, this last episode was a return to the crazy DRUGS and PARTYING YEAH! storylines of yore.  There was a lot of drugs and partying.  It was fine!  Recap?  RECAP.
Liv is totally banging Mini's boyfriend now, and he's like "This is awesome, we're totally sticking it to Mini, she's a bitch!" and Liv is like "Actually, I feel kind of bad about this?  She's my best friend!"  Later on, Liv's mom leaves for the weekend and Liv is happy because now she can finally catch up on her R and R.  She could probably use like a thousand naps.  But then Mini stops by with all of the "gang" and is like "GROUP MEETING, EVERYONE!  I want to apologize to you all for being such a bitch.  I've been such a bitch to you!  Let's all put my bitchery in the past and have some fun!  Here's a humongous bag of weed we can have fun with!"  And so everyone starts to get to know one another, some less enthusiastically than others because they have perhaps not entirely forgiven Mini and Nick for conspiring to ruin their lives.  But it's a party!  YEAH!
Fashion!

Liv takes her little sister to a sci-fi movie marathon to get her out of the house, where of course there are lots of DRUGS.  Then she has a chat about her terrible relationship/friendship drama with her other sister, who's in prison.  Then she goes to the bus station and fury smokes outside, when the Mysterious Guy from the Quarry shows up.  Liv is like "You look so mysterious, do I know you?" and he's like "omg stop hitting on me!"  Some hobo runs up to them and is like "TAKE MY DRUGS!! Btw you guys look totally cute together.  I love foreshadowing!"  The Mysterious Guys is like "awesome, free drugs!" and Liv is like "MMMM DRUGS YUM YUM!" and so they have lots of drugs, go shoplifting, visit a magical costume store, nearly get raped by this guy at the costume store (Liv), assault the costume store guy in a perhaps deadly manner (Mysterious Guy), steal all evidence of said assault, escape in rabbit costumes, and do more DRUGS.  Then they go to this club which is like probably Stefon's favorite because it's full of people wearing dragon masks, neck tattoo enthusiasts, grandmas, Furries, etc.  Bristol's Hottest Club, basically.  Then they have sex, and at some point during all of this the Mysterious Guy is like "I am a violent maniac!  I beat up my brother yesterday because he's a terrible person and he totally deserved it.  Also, I'm homeless!" and Liv is like "omg you are such a sexy ragamuffin!  Like someone from Dickens but way hotter!"  

Then they go to Liv's place in the morning and the gang is all there, and Nick is like "What is my brother MATTY doing here?!?!" and everyone is like "gasp HIS NAME IS MATTY!!!"  Nick says Matty is a violent psychopath, and Liv is like "Well fuck, then.  I fuck two nice guys in one day and it just so happens that they are both BROTHERS and one of them is a VIOLENT PSYCHOPATH!?!?" and she makes everyone leave because she's in an EMOTIONAL RAGE but Franky stays behind and is like "you and Mini should be friends again."  

Liv's little sister shows up and calls her a fucktooth for leaving her at the science fair all night.  Then Liv goes to visit her other sister in prison again, but she isn't much help in the advice department.  Apparently she's in jail because she assaulted their mother or something?  DRAMA, and yikes.  Liv goes to the bus station and Matty is there, mysteriously disappearing forever.  Liv is like "don't go!" but Matty is like "I thought you didn't like me anymore just because I'm a violent psychopath!?" and then Liv drinks an entire thing of vodka to . . . prove that she . . . trusts him?  And then she meets up with Mini and is like "we should be friends again, sorry for fucking your boyfriend " but Mini is like "I won't be friends with you until you drink this entire thing of vodka, I don't care if you die and in fact I would love it if you puked up your liver" because she is clearly not done being a bitch.  Then Liv bonds with her family.  Good for her!
Bonding!

THOUGHTS:
  • Liv looks just like Jal!  So distracting.  She's probably not my favorite, but I love how world-weary her eyes look.  Is that a weird thing to say?  Because it's true!  And it's very appropriate for her character.  I expect her to be saying "I'm getting too old for this shit" any time now because that's what her eyes are saying.
  • I love Matty's Captain Jack coat, but he should probably cool it with the plunging necklines.  TACKY, Matty, tacky.
  • Such an interesting group dynamic going on.  Not everyone loves each other!  
  • Not enough Grace :(.  Only one outfit :( :( :(
  • WHOA, preview for next week.  Farming!  Drinking!  The circus?  Drunk tractor driving!  Franky looking pretty!  Rugby!  More drinking!  Matty and Nick chugging brewskies together?  Grinderman!

2 comments:

  1. So this episode had some GOOD music! Not even considering the preview (Which was awesome. One of the best I've seen. It even had some major Omar-bait as far as music goes. I was not expecting to hear a sweet Grinderman Remix while watching Skins. So good) I loved how they used Simon and Garfunkel and I even heard some The Knife in there. And this song which I just heard a month ago that I've been really liking.

    http://youtu.be/dPoGhXcrLgQ

    It's a good album too. Major Props to the music director of the show.

    I actually like Liv, at least a lot more than Mini. Even though she sleeps with her friends boyfriend, but then again it is Mini. Just all her bad decisions catching up to her trying to live up to her sister?

    Mini, invite yourself over to your friends place, have sex in their bed and then make them drink a bottle of vodka to make them suffer. A bitch through and through. Even in the old time video she's just talking shit.

    Matty's jacket IS sweet and he gots a good "woah I'm on drugs" face

    So the next ep is the next dick/bitch in the group and I wonder if I will feel sorry for them at the end of the episode. I'm going to probably guess... no


    Crazy bum: "the mancipation from the bondage of the soil is no freedom from the tree" Even if you skip town you'll still be a part of your family? Liv and Matty were both going to run away and they both have.... family issues!. Woah Skins. DEEP. I guess haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beach House! Great homework music band. There WERE a lot of good tunes here, though. And a pretty good use of Crystal Castles in the next ep (people are always having EPIPHANIES while listening to Crystal Castles on this show. Don't know why, but sure. WHY NOT!).

    You totally cracked the riddle on that hobo there. I didn't really catch that! INTERESTING and DEEP.

    ReplyDelete